This is not about any one thing in particular. Its just about a few things that happened over the last one week!
– I’ve had to deal with the worst auto drivers in the country. If you have any doubts, I’m talking about the ones in Madras. They will NEVER have any change! They also expect you to walk around with two heavy bags and find someone to give you change if you’re not interested in paying them any extra money. They will also tell you that Egmore Station to Anna Nagar is 13 km! On which planet??
– Why are hospitals interested in knowing what my monthly income is? As long as I pay the money they ask for and fill out the endless forms and stand in the long billing counter queues, how should it matter to them? They anyway charge everyone the same fee. As ridiculous as it may seem, we all pay the consultation fees before we see the doctor anyway! This is certainly not doing wonders for my phobia.
– How does it make any difference to you what my religion is? How come your “computers” always (I’ve tried this in more than one hospital) never have the facility to leave this column blank.
– You can walk the entire length of the train and not find a dustbin! When you ask one of the railway employees, they will ask you to chuck it out of the window.. Eureka, that’s something no person would’ve ever thought of! Also, I’ve resigned to the fact that crying children are attracted to me and will keep crying through the night when I’m in the same coupe!
– This has never happened to me before, but the train I was travelling in to Madras (Kacheguda Express) actually had a power failure! There was no batter back up, so every time the train stopped at a station, the compartment would be pitch dark. People who boarded the train much later in the night, actually had to wait till the train moved to find their seats.
On a brighter note, I’m in Madras for a week and its actually not so hot here now!
PS: This is what Google has to say about Microsoft’s bid for Yahoo!