Warning: This is a complete me-me post. If you’re not in the mood for it, sorry, come back later.
I make lists. Used to make lists obsessively. I still do, at work. Somehow, the intensity and the urge to make lists for my own things to do, has dipped, drastically!
Today’s been a horrible and boring day. First the Mumbai terror strike and then the buzz around it, next the rain. Its been pouring non stop. I got drenched in the morning and have been sitting in the agency’s office since, freezing my bones off. I basically don’t have any “work” here other than to get them to do what should’ve on their own. Something like a teacher. And i hate it. My mind’s not occupied and can think of n other things i need to do. So here’s my list.
– I need a manicure and a pedicure. My nails are beginning to look like claws.
– My books don’t fit in my bookshelf anymore. I need to find a place to put them without having to hunt the house down when my hands itch for a particular one.
– If I’m going to arrange my books, I should also make a list of books i haven’t read yet (from my collection, that is).
I always have 4 books to be read and I keep buying books in spite of that.
– I need to scout around for a learn-it-yourself CD or website that’ll offer course content to learn web designing through Photoshop.
– I have at least 200 pictures i need to look at and decide what goes up on my flickr account.
– I need to buy a pair of jeans. This has been on my list for over 2 months now. While i’m on the topic of jeans, I also need to get my old ones altered.
They’re insanely loose and refuse stay up even with a belt. Hint of pride, maybe? 🙂
– Then comes the entire bunch of wedding shopping to be done. There’s still time 🙂
– I need to start looking through my big huge collection of junk and discard stuff that I’ve had no use for in the past and will have none in the future.
– I tell myself every monday morning that i’m going to cut down on my intake of sweets and junk. And I promptly break it by monday early afternoon itself (that’s about a coupla hours). So i need to put a reminder to not do that the coming Monday.
I’m still at the agency and its still threatening to pour but i feel marginally better after having made my list! Phew! Thank God for small mercies.