Last Saturday, I went to the Chennai Book Fair with my parents. They were very excited with the whole thing cos the stalls that sold English books were unfairly outnumbered by the Tamil ones. I don’t read Tamil books. (My Tamil’s not fast enough to read books and I get impatient very fast). So here’s what I ended up buying:
- Pure & Simple Homemade Indian Vegetarian Cusine by Vidhu Mittal
- 200 Classic Lunch recipes by Mallika Badrinath
- 50 Great Tiffins by Master Chefs of India
- Iyer Kitchen by Master Chefs of India
- A Dilbert comic book (the only silver lining)
But I must say, reading cookery books is very interesting. I say reading cos I haven’t yet reached the trying them out stage. Still venturing into lesser known (not unknown) waters you see. I’m still mentally marking the doable recipes and scratching out the undoable ones. And also, I love the photographs!
Sometimes, I amuse myself 🙂