Cross-posted from here
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
I was tagged by Kshema and Aditya. I normally don’t like tags but keeping up with the 25 fever that’s on the prowl, here’s mine. Oh, and I’m combining this with Dilip’s tag of 16 things about me!
1. I’m lazy. But once I move my butt, there’s no stopping me. The emphasis being on ‘once’.
2. I plan and plan in my head. For every little thing. When I was tagged, I actually planned in my head about what to write and how it should progress and whatnot. Its entirely another thing that I don’t execute half my plans.
3. I’m not good at proof-reading my own work. I can never re-read it with full attention. But I’m pretty good at proofing other people’s works.
4. I love the exclamation mark. I think its the coolest punctuation ever! I can’t finish an SMS or a blog post or even sign a greeting card without using at least 3 exclamation marks.
5. I can’t stand bad grammar in any language especially English. I will respect someone a lot more if they speak in a language they’re comfortable in rather than butcher a language they don’t know just to appear cool. And also, fake accents make my spine tingle. But I think my fake accent is pretty cool cos I only use it when other people fake accent me!
6. I’m mushy. Sometimes a little too mushy. I think its cool!
7. I’m superstitious in a way I can’t explain.
8. I’m a pretty messy person. But I obsessively arrange my books and music. In fact, anyone can find what they’re looking for on my laptop cos everything is arranged neatly in folders and labelled anol!
9. I organise/clean up better when I’m upset. I feel like I’m organising the mess in my head too.
10. I’m very bad at responding to compliments. I usually say something inappropriate and mess it up.
11. I don’t have too many friends. But the ones that matter know they’re special. They’re like my family.
12. I think I would make a good shrink. Just something I’ve always assumed.
13. Most sports bore me. But I used to watch Cricket and Tennis with my Thatha. But that’s that.
14. I like talking. A lot! I love long phone calls. Especially that warm feeling after the call ends.
15. I’m a typical cancerian. I’m moody. It also takes very little to lift up my mood.
16. I can live on Pani Puri. I can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. You get the drift. Sev Puri is the second bestest.
17. I’m probably the only tam brahm that doesn’t like Sambhar, Idli, Adai and Upma.
18. I hate to dress up. But I obesses about my hair. All the time! If Baz Luhrmann knows what he’s talking about, in 17 years my hair will look 85.
19. I’m not religious. But I’m very intrigued by the energy called God.
20. I think Ilayaraaja is God. I take it personally when people don’t like him or haven’t heard of him. Comparing him with Rahman is very petty. Rahman is extraordinary. Ilayaraaja is God, end of discussion.
21. Paranoia is me. I freak out very soon very easily.
22. I love reading funny matrimony profiles. I think they’re the cure to all the sadness in the world.
23. I will have a library, one day, some day. A wall to wall wooden panel in a big cheery room filled with books. If I don’t live in Madras by then, I will also have a fire place in that room. I grew up worshipping Enid Blyton, if that’s not evident already.
24. I love travelling. No itinerary, no schedule, just a destination. That’s my kind of trip.
25. Madras will always be home. I have a crazy love for this city. It will never fade.