I don’t know how the last few months whizzed past the oblivious me. Before i know it i’m crossing off my last few single days on my calendar. Taking a break from all the last minute errands, here are my pearls of wisdom:
– Being the ‘bride’ will be your new identity. You’ll breathe, eat and sleep wedding plans. And they keep changing every minute of the day, much like an army operation.
– Even if you start shopping months before the wedding, the list will grow and grow and grow and the shopping will not show any signs of ending. The once upon a time very relaxing activity will turn out to be the most stressful part of your day.
– You will expected to glow, blush and look coy everytime the word ‘wedding’ is uttered. Any other reaction will not be favourably received.
– I suggest you pick a tailor even before you pick the boy cos the process is just as intense and the decision life altering. The relationship you share with your tailor will be a love-hate one. But just remember that you picked him/her after a lot of deliberation and he/she has your best interest at heart. Without trust the relationship will not work.
– If you don’t make a list of the colours of sarees you already own before you shopping, your eyes will dance over to the colour of the season. Then you’ll end up with 5 sarees in different shades of blue like me. For the ignorant, there are more than 5 shades of blue.
– You know its time to call it a shopping day when all the colours start to fade in and out and merge.
– The skill of selective hearing must most definitely be cultivate. All the hints dropped about improving one’s culinary skills must be dutifully ignored. We’ll cross the bridge when we come to it.
– Pretending to understand the complex family tree is mandatory.
In all this frenzy, there’s very little time to even think of getting cold feet. This where i currently am. So do you guys have any gyaan for me?